Hello, and of course a huge welcome back to my blog, I finally caved in, 4 months into the year and gave myself a break from my blog, for all sorts of reasons. It’s coming up to the end of my work as an assistant clinical psychologist, and my university assignments are due soon. It’s been a roller coaster of a ride to get things done and balance the many other social and personal aspects of my life too.
I thought I’d start off my favourite month (and birthday month!!) with an award that I’ve been nominated for by the lovely soyvirgo, check out her content here!!
NominationsKiki / soyvirgo.com (17th March 2019)
★ The Black Princess Diaries ★ Elle Bee ★ Lavrax London ★ earthtoarshi.com ★ jasayala★ nurulrasya.com ★ Sophia ★ throughtheleaves.com★ okcheori.com★ withlovecaroline.com★ alattestyle.com★ whenlifeawakens.wordpress.com ★ geraldinetalks ★ raffaellaaa.wordpress.com★ sophiesspot.co.uk★ arisjade.com ★
- Thank who nominated you
- Link to the blog of the person who nominated you
- Write 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 more bloggers for the award!
I’m excited to share my 7 facts about myself, it’s been a while since I shared some information & I know I’ve gained a bunch of new followers too.
7 Facts About Me
- I’m a self-proclaimed ex-perfectionist. A contradiction, I know. In my past posts I’ve spoken about how my life as a teenager revolved around being perfect, in every sense of the word. Perfect in body, in my academic studies, in my relationships with others and essentially who I was as a person. All up until I experienced my first huge failure, since that moment I’ve been working on peeling away these layers of perfectionism and understanding there’s more to life than upholding myself to these extreme standards
- I’m currently working as an assistant clinical psychologist (post coming up soon, if anyone’s interested!!). This is probably the biggest life change I’ve had since starting university, about a year ago I made an impulsive decision to apply for psychological experience in mental health. I didn’t think I’d be successful at the time, and if I hadn’t been I wouldn’t have a placement year and I’d be at a very different stage in my life right now. It’s a little too scary to think about graduation just yet.
- I’m an incredibly fidgety person. For anyone else who has experienced anxiety or panic attacks or just gets stressed easily and overwhelmed by life, you’ll know what I’m talking about. My worst and subconscious habits is shaking my leg and rocking back at forth, I can’t think unless I’m pacing up and down a room at 100 miles per hour, it has gotten pretty extreme in the past. It’s just so hard to sit still at times.
- I’m an INFJ. I can’t think of anyone who hasn’t stumbled across the 16 personality types in my lifetime, but if you honestly haven’t heard of it you should check it out, it’s a fun quiz to do. My type is known to be an advocate, high-minded and idealistic, some of these qualities I do truly resonate with.
- This blog isn’t my first true experience of writing. In the past I’ve written various poems that ended up being published into books as well as short stories that I used to spend much of my free time curating and refining until it was exactly as I envisioned it. I’ve published my previous works in creative writing on this blog, if you scroll back far enough, but I’ve found my true calling writing about lifestyle and personal development.
- My favourite book is The Alchemist. This book is truly magically in every way, the first time I picked it up I was in awe at how profound the story became and how spiritually dense it was whilst being written in the simplest of forms. Since then I’ve read it many, many times over, an every time I do it feels different like I’ve understood a new part of it that wasn’t visible to me before.
- I’ve got an exciting upcoming project that I’ll be sharing snippets of here and there. I made this decision about a year ago, and from then this idea has been transformed by many of the creative outlets that I have and it’s slowly started to become a physical thing that I’m working on. I’ll give you a hint: it involves a hell of a lot more writing.
These are all my current facts that I feel like resonate with who I am as a person. Since I don’t have nominations, I’ve decided that this is open to anyone and everyone who reads this post, if you do decide to post this award, be sure to tag me too!!
© Afiyah/WhenLifeAwakens, 2018. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Afiyah/WhenLifeAwakens with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.