Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog, today I will be discussing something I’ve been thinking about, developing an organisation system that works for you!! Mainly because I will starting university in autumn 2016 and I really need to up my game:
Developing your organisation system isn’t something that’s difficult to do but it requires some experimentation before you figure out what works for you. To help you with this process I’ll be giving some tips and tricks to get you started:
- Find out what classes you have AND how many, this is a no brainer because to start organising you need something to organise!
- Now it’s time to start colour coding, there’s infinite way you can use this: to differentiate between your classes using notebook or folders/binders, in your notes through highlighters, in your planner for your classes, and much much more!!
- Decide whether you’d like to use notebooks or refill pads, binders or folders, again there’s no right or wrong way to do this, experiment with what you have and take it from there
- Use a planner, this is another no brainer, you could keep a copy of your schedule, write down you classes/assignments and even your upcoming events. But there are several different types and for this I’d recommend looking around stores or online and watching different YouTube videos
- Have the relevant stationery, again there’s so many different types of pens, pencils, fine liners and pen cases. If you have items you’ve used before and they work for you, don’t be afraid to repurchase them again, even if they’re not studyblr staples. If you do want to try some popular stationery, start small because the cost can really add up!!
- Find out how to study, maybe you like to annotate textbooks, rewrite notes, use colour schemes, watch videos, discuss or debate? If you’re unsure or maybe you’d like to try something new I’d recommend: flashcards, mind maps, regular reviewing, outline notes or visual notes
That’s all I have for now, but just remember DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU !!
P.S. If you any questions please don’t hesitate to ask 🙂